Friday, January 9, 2009

In The Beginning


Pal is a beautiful registered buckskin Tennessee Walking horse who was in training to be a big walker when moonblindness took his sight. Thus began his journey to find a new home and to keep him from being put down.


In the beginning I seen a post on a horse chat forum (Chronicles of the Horse) about a blind Tennessee Walking Horse gelding named Pal who was looking for a new home. I thought what the heck do I need a blind horse, Ryan (the husband) will never agree. So I put it off, mentioned it and he said no. Then I saw that his rescuer was about to give up...he was going to be put down. So again, I begged this time about getting Pal. I think the breaking point was Ryan was tired of me asking. So begin the journey of getting Pal from Knoxville, TN to Mt. Pleasant, NC. I knew Ryan would flip if I drove to TN PLUS, I have a fear of hauling in the mountains. Plus I really had no clue when I would be able to go west. I figured if it was suppose to be it would work out. I emailed Pal's current home to let them know I could take him. We then began the begging process of trying to find Pal a ride.


One of our fellow COTH readers saw Pal's problem and through the kindness of her heart helped us find Pal a ride over. Now we're just working out the logistics of it all so I will keep you updated.
And NO I am not crazy! Blind horses can have a very normal life :) You'll just have to stay tuned to the blog to see how it all ends up.

2 comments:

  1. Tracy congratulations on adopting Pal! I'm sure the both of you will have a lifetime of adventures to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you both the best. Looking forward to seeing how Pal adjust to his new home.
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete